- Send or make arrangements for the following items to be sent to the Texas A&M Office of Admissions.
Submit an electronic application via the Apply Texas website and pay application fee to the Texas A&M Office of Admissions.
Graduate Admissions Processing
Office of Admissions
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 40001
College Station, TX 77842-4001
- Arrange for each college or institution attended to send one official transcript of all degrees earned and one copy of an official statement of the degree or diploma awarded. Transcripts in languages other than English, should also be accompanied by an official English translation.
- Request Educational Testing Services (ETS) to send official GRE test scores (GRE andTOEFL or IELTS for non-English speaking applicants) to Texas A&M University (Code 6003). Do not send this to the WMHS program office, but only to the Texas A&M Office of Admissions.
- Arrange for three individuals to send recommendation letters, through the electronic application system to the Office of Admissions. Recommendations by research advisor(s) or professors are preferred. Dowload Form.
- Send a Statement of Purpose essay.
- Send a Curriculum Vitae.
Students are notified of admissions decisions by email and postal mail. Applicants are encouraged to maintain contact with both the Texas A&M Office of Admissions and the WMHS Office to ensure that all admission documents were received.
- For PhD applicants, a faculty member from the water program must agree to serve as their doctoral committee chair before they will be admitted.
Domestic applications must be received (not postmarked) by June 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester.
International applications must be received (not postmarked) by May 1 for the fall semester and October 1 for the spring semester.
Admission Requirements and Procedures
Admission to the WMHS program requires meeting all the Texas A&M University requirements and approval by the WMHS admissions committee. Grades earned during the applicant's entire college career are considered and a satisfactory grade point average is required.
After admission, students must submit a Letter of Intent stating they will be attending Texas A&M University. This can be done electronically to this email address: email@example.com.
Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
Texas A&M requires from all applicants a satisfactory GRE score taken within the previous five years. The standard portions of the exam are required; however, specific subject tests are not. To allow sufficient time for Texas A&M to receive scores, applicants should take the GRE by May to apply for fall admission and June for spring admission. Send official GRE scores to the Texas A&M Office of Admissions, code R6003 or 6003.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
Texas A&M requires a satisfactory TOEFL score from within the last two years from applicants whose native language is not English. Exception is made for applicants completing all four years of a baccalaureate degree in the United States. Send official TOEFL scores to the Texas A&M Office of Admissions, code 6003.
IELTS, the International English Language Testing System, is also accepted.